EJMA Standards: The Authority on Expansion Joints
The EJMA Standards are recognized throughout the world as the authority on the proper selection and application of metallic bellows type expansion joints for safe and reliable piping and vessel installation. The Tenth Edition standards combine the knowledge and experience of the leading manufacturers of expansion joints into an invaluable reference document.
Significant Changes in the Tenth Edition:
- A new approach was developed for the design of reinforced bellows, resulting in a modified set of equations for some stress components and for the spring rates. The main and most important result was that the calculated bending stress due to deflection could be considerably reduced.
- The number of fatigue cycles can now be calculated from the same set of fatigue curves which are relevant for the unreinforced bellows and for the toroidal bellows. Fatigue life calculations were greatly enhanced and simplified.
- The calculation of universal type Expansion Joints has been simplified by a modified equation for the axial movement per convolution.
- An acceptable radial gap between equalizing/reinforcing rings and the root of convolution/bellows tangent is introduced to section 6
- The 10th Edition has been modified to include English & Metric units of measure. This includes standard conversions in addition to constants used in calculations.
- Tightness of bellows, bands, and rings due to dissimilar material growth rates is considered.
- Bellows pitch and height tolerances were redefined relative to diameter.
- The distinction of thin versus thick bellows has been added.
- Benchmark table inputs and outputs have been revised, with material class and correction factor.
- Single Bellows Axial Vibration Constants were revised.
- Definitions in the Nomenclature section 1.3 have been clarified.
A new E-book version of the new 10th Edition Standards can be downloaded to your PC, laptop or tablet.
Receive a Free Copy of A Practical Guide To Expansion Joints
With each printed copy of the Tenth Edition, you will receive EJMAs Practical Guide to Expansion Joints, a pocket size primer based on EJMA Standards. The Guide is intended to provide users with a basic understanding of expansion joints. It will also assist the user in communicating design requirements to the manufacturers and to properly install and maintain the expansion joint in service.(NOTE: This Guide is not intended as a source for expansion joint design or application details.)
To order click here.